Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions?

I'm usually not one of those who makes yearly resolutions. I stopped doing that eons ago as I found I never kept to it. Whatever I promise myself, it sometimes evolves into something better but mostly into an unwanted beast. So no more resolutions.

Having said that, I find myself focusing on a few targets these few days. It was not planned but it was just there and I have it down; in no particular order.

1) Improve my working table at home into a more conducive table for daily writing. Lose the clutter.

2) Finish reading the Abs Diet book by David Zinczenko. My doctor recommended this to me to help me achieve those great abs I've been aiming for in the last 40 years. Ha! Ok, I promised my doctor to finish the book and practice it. So far, the book is interesting reading. So I won't put it away for my Fantasy novels.

3) Memorise choice Quranic verses and practice is daily. Must. It's for my soul.

4) Improve on my photo taking skills. This promises better pen pictures. :)

5) Keep my blog fresh with updates.

6) Learn up Zippo tricks.

7) Consolidate my pen and ink collection and be more prudent in buying both for this year. 
First step, buy only a brand/model/series that I  DON'T already own. 
Second, only buy a pen if I have tried it and it feels comfortable in my hand. 
Third, if the pen is too expensive, then save for it rather than use the available funds for something cheaper that I don't really want. 
Fourth, only buy pens that I know I will use and not be kept to be admired.

8) Take more random pictures with my mobile phone for my "Pix by Mobile" on my blog.

9) Work smart. Not too hard. And avoid being lazy. Work pays for my hobbies :)

Notice that work was the last thing on my mind... ;)

2 comments:

  1. you have a blog too? :)

    looking forward to reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Hunkydory!:)

    ReplyDelete