Thursday, January 1, 2009

Anger. Urgh!

What a start to a fresh new year's day.

My son lost his temper about some PSP game that he could not master. I got irritated.
My son started picking on his sister about cleaning up after playing Wii. I started feeling the heat.
My son started screaming when my wife told him to keep his toys and games. I lost it.

*Scold, scold, scold* (that's me)

Red hot anger. Had the belt in my hands.
Not that I would use it. With my kids, telling them has always been enough. They listen.
But his screaming and ranting has gone overboard so the belt is a BIG warning.
I saw fear in my son's eyes when he saw me carrying it.

It worked. He stopped his screaming. Started crying.
Gave him another warning and went back to my room.
Belt was not used. It worked.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment