Thursday, January 15, 2009

Love's Theme

A friend reminded me of something I did when I was younger.
I never shared it with anyone before because I never gave it much thought, till now.

Anyway, I was very much into aeroplanes and airlines when I was younger. I associated being on the plane with breathing cool fresh air and being in a cold country (with snow) because when planes fly, it's always to a colder country (that was my assumption then). And of course, the plane was always cool inside as they had air-conditioning. Plus the airline ads never showed the airline crew being hot (they were hot in other sense but we're not in that topic now). 

Somehow, I remembered the Love's Theme used by Cathay Pacific airlines in their ads and everytime I see a plane take off or fly overhead and especially when I hear that song being played, I wanted to feel all that "cool" things. It became my favourite song for a long time...

So what did I do? I discovered Vicks Inhaler. Breathing in all the menthol had that cooling effect. I carried the inhaler with me all the time and each time I felt like being cool, I either stood in front of fan or aircond blower and just breathed in the menthol deeply into my nostrils till my eyes watered and had goosebumps. And if the Love's Theme was in the background, I would be in seventh heaven literally. It was akin to smoking pot (I swear I have not touched any of that)!

It was the silliest thing a young kid could think and do but it made me very happy as I always had my own "space" to get away to.

Conclusion:
Love's Theme (by Barry White) - good. Still love it. 
Vicks inhaler - goooood, and probably explains why I have less memory cells. Ha!

By the way, I don't do the inhaler thing anymore. :)
 

4 comments:

  1. LOL. omg.

    i thought i was weird liking the airline food and long haul flights....

    but you, oh you are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew turning 40 (2 yrs ago?) would trigger such memory!!! Hilarious!! I bet there are more just waiting to come out.
    Encore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you smoke pot, the feeling stays longer.

    ehhehe. i'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness gracious me!I am speechless!hahaha!

    ReplyDelete