Thursday, March 26, 2009

suleyman bin abdullah of madinah

i was getting ready for bed last night when my phone rang.
it was not a local call.
it was from my "other" family in madinah during my umrah in 2005.


(l to r: abdullah, mazuin, me, amir)

abdullah owns a shop right outside of masjid nabawi.
he runs his shop with his son suleyman.
by chance i visited his shop after subuh prayers and in a span of 10 minutes, we were family.
just like that.


(suleyman)

suleyman and i keep in touch regularly by sms since then.
and he's getting married on 18th may this year.
so his dad called to invite me formally to the wedding.
says i have to be there as suleyman wanted his other brother, me, at the wedding.
he even offered to send a ticket to madinah.
i'm touched.

i cannot promise i will be there for you brother.
if things work out, insyallah.
my doa and best wishes goes to you.
congratulations!

4 comments:

  1. Im touched by the story..Just go..You are no longer in the project anyway in May :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He must be really wanting you to be there sampai suruh Abdullah call...:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah! Gila gempak! That's really nice of him la abah! Just go la ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. kalau pegi kena bawak isteri...nanti balik sini bawak mak arab balik :)

    just kidding. ada rezeki pi madinah- cool. you can do another umrah!!

    ReplyDelete