Thursday, March 19, 2009

Journaling

I should have picked up on it when I read about my kakak starting journaling in several of her handwritten letters to me. Journaling would complement our interest in fountain pens for sure.

I chanced upon an article on Journaling 101 in Pen World magazine and suddenly, things started falling in place.

You see, I am very much an open book but there are times when some feelings, emotions and venting just can't be shared in the "public" eye of a blog. At some point, I was already considering getting a "secret" blog and blogging everything that I want to say in its raw unfiltered form.

However, the responsibility of such writings influencing the "untrained" mind bugged me. A blog by definition, is NOT private. Plus, the essence of the writer does not come through in the electronic form, as much as in the handwritten word.

So I've decided to start journaling. Well, in a way, I was already doing it but I called it rambling and venting. :) And I have several "completed" books of it stashed somewhere.

Ok, I'm going out now to find myself the "perfect" journal.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations. hope you find the time to journal...heheh. however, i am glad you made that discovery..

    ReplyDelete