Wednesday, March 11, 2009

morning stroll

After a long period of "avoidance", I decided to go for my morning walk like I used to.

I see the "regulars" are still here.
Some look the same, others have improved physically.
I see new faces, new neighbours.
Walking, jogging and just clapping around the park.

I hear the cranking of cold car engines.
I smell burned petrol, breaking into the freshness of the morning air.

I feel the coolness of the morning dew caressing my skin.
At the same instance, I feel the first kiss of the rising sun on my face.

The sky is clear with a couple of clouds completing the scene.
Birds are singing. Dogs are barking.

And here I am, in my usual colour clashing "sporting" attire.
And ever reliable croc footwear.

I can almost hear my neighbours saying,
"There goes that guy who dresses like a clown with his many coloured squeaking crocs! He's still walking around socks-less."

That's why I love this weather.
I can just get up, get out and go.
No hassle of dressing up for the weather.

Granted I look like a messy clown, but hey, that's me.
No upkeep of appearance required. :)

2 comments:

  1. good one.
    i dress like a clown everyday...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that we knw kakak!hahaha!:)
    Your brother has better dress sense!hehehehehe!sorry kakak...could not help it!:)

    ReplyDelete