Tuesday, April 21, 2009

my doa

It is at times when I watch my loved ones in pain and suffering that I am most affected.
Mentally and physically.
I may be able to control it most times.
Act stoic and unemotional.
Until it becomes too much to be kept inside.

Every grunt or sigh of pain, stabs me deeply.
Every drop of tear shed, blinds me.
Every mental anguish, burns my mental faculty.
If I could, I would gladly take the pain, the suffering, the tears and mental anguish.
I would embrace it and make it mine.
As long as my loved ones are spared.
I would do this willingly.
No hesitation.

Mama is in pain.
Abah is unwell, tired and worried.
Oh Allah, Ya Rahman, Ya Rahim,
Forgive my parents.
Grant them strength and patience,
In facing your tests in this world.
Grant them respite, when their strength and patience fails.
Love them and promise them
Your paradise in the hereafter.
Amin.

2 comments: