Friday, April 10, 2009

early bird dies early

don't get me wrong.
i love getting up early every morning.
it's a habit.
even if i have a late, late night, i will still probably get up early.
i would keep going till about 10am.
my batteries die out in the 10ish.
and i need about 10-20 minutes of recharging.
power nap. then i'm fine.

the only thing that kills me is,
getting up early and being at work early.
and start WORK early.
and still end LATE, putting in more than 12 hours of work.

yes, it's my own doing. can't blame anyone.
i do that only because i want to avoid being stuck in traffic jams.
but once in the office, if i'm not distracted, it would be work.
occasionally "other stuff", but mainly work.

there must be better stuff than just work.
work life balance.
that's what it should be.

i think kids should go to school when parents are at work.
and when kids are done, parents MUST be done too.
balance.

oh wait, it is like that.
parents just work longer. by choice.
silly parents. silly me.

it has to change.
if we die today, will my work be there for me?
no.
will my family be there for me?
insyallah, yes.

so i might as well give more time where it counts.
i will.
soon.
starts today perhaps.
perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment