Monday, July 20, 2009

grandma

a chat today
brought back memories of my grandma.
i call her tok.

usually at this time of the year,
she would go with her 3 months of fasting.
rejab, syaaban and ramadhan.
and her favourite all time drink when she breaks fast,
a&w root beer!
and guess who has to go out and get it for her?
and gets to keep the spare change?
who tells her that it may cost more,
and she indulges even though she knows it doesn't. :)

i would return all the spare change to her.
i dare not trick my tok of money.
that old lady is sharp when it comes to money.
she remembers every single sen!
in exchange for my runner services,
she gives me a crisp 50 ringgit note each time.
of course, i tell my siblings, i got a few ringgits for helping her.
that throws them off.
and i get to do it again the next time. :)

but i would have done it for nothing.
after all, she raised me.

i miss her.
may Allah bless her soul.

1 comment:

  1. haha..same as my late grandma. I called her tok too. She loved pepsi and a&w root beer. She said all her sisters liked those drinks. But, my grandma and all her beloved sisters have passed away... No more elders in my family.May Allah bless them :)

    ReplyDelete